Monday, March 20, 2017

Pizza or Frittata - Cheese, Pepperoni, Avocado – Delicious and LCHF

California Pizza Frittata
Low carb meal favourite. Great flavours that really go together

Cheese, pepperoni, tomato, and avocado. This tasty LCHF, one dish meal is tasty and easy to make. A real Mediterranean look and a pizza taste that fits into a Low Carbohydrate-High Fat eating plan.

Last week Helen and I ran into a friend, we hadn’t seen for a while. We asked him to come by the house for lunch the next day. He said he would, but told me he was on a LCHF eating plan.
I nodded wisley, like I knew what he was talking about, said no problem and then went home and spent 2 hours on the internet learning about it.

I have no opinion on the diet, and I don’t think I will have one soon. It looks like everywhere you go there is information, but it is split between those that love it and those who think it is bad for us. Both sides have good arguments and logic could have you siding with either team.

Normally, a split decision has me holding off until I can find definitive information, but I still had a friend coming for lunch.

California Pizza Frittata

I came up with the California Pizza Frittata. I’m not sure if it is pizza that looks sort of like a frittata or a frittata that taste a lot like a pepperoni pizza.

But there were 3 things I was sure of:
  1. My buddy could eat and stick to his plan
  2. Helen and I could eat it and not kill ourselves with an overabundance of fat. No worse than the once a month bacon and eggs
  3. Lastly it tasted great. 


Ingredients
·        5 large, Egg
·        1 medium, Avocado
·        125 g, Tasty Cheddar Cheese
·        28 g, Hungarian Salami
·        150 g, Raw Red Tomato


·        0.50 cup, sliced, Onions, raw
Nutrition Facts
Servings 4.0
Amount Per Serving 1/4 of whole 
calories 320
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 25 g
39 %
Saturated Fat 11 g
53 %
Monounsaturated Fat 7 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 233 mg
78 %
Sodium 423 mg
18 %
Potassium 403 mg
12 %
Total Carbohydrate 6 g
2 %
Dietary Fiber 3 g
13 %
Sugars 2 g
Protein 18 g
36 %
Vitamin A
20 %
Vitamin C
16 %
Calcium
33 %
Iron
9 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.



1 comment:

  1. It sure looked good. I'll give it a go. thanks for providing the nutrition info.

    ReplyDelete