Saturday, July 29, 2017

HIP Pressure Cooking. Laura Pazzaglia, Can Teach You All You Want to Know About Pressure Cooking - Great Website

More and more people are just starting to use pressure cookers and many of us are unsure of the best methods, and how to get the most out of our cooker. Those of us who grew up in families, where they weren't used, probably even have concerns about how safe they are. I want to share a website with you. It is the website that I go to if I have a pressure cooking question.

I'm talking about Hip Pressure Cooking. Laura Pazzaglia, is the founder of the website. When I say, she wrote the book on pressure cooking, I mean it. In fact, she has written a number of them.

 Hippressurecooking.com doesn't only give you recipes; Laura Pazzaglia gives you knowledge and understanding on the best way to use a pressure cooker. 

It is like that saying, "Give a man a fish ....."  If you have a recipe you can cook one meal. When you understand pressure cooking you can cook many meals.

Laura gives instructions for both stove top and electric pressure cookers. She also has a pretty comprehensive list of times and pressures. I have a list of Laura's cooking times and pressures tacked to the back of my pantry door.

Another great pressure cooking resource is Laura's 7-Video, Pressure Cooking School. Covers all the basics, while giving tips and some recipes. You can find the school here: 






I started cooking for my family when I was about 13 years old.  I was taught to cook by my mom and my extended family. They were all great cooks, but none of them used pressure cookers. Because of this I never even thought of using one.
My first go with one was about 2 months ago. I had plenty of questions and looked all around. This was the website that answered the questions. It got me going.

If you find Hip Pressure Cooking helpful, leave a comment. It might prove useful to some other people.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I watched your video on cooking garbanzo beans and it looked like a good simple recipe. In fact I tried it and they were really nice.
    Did you get this recipe from hippressuringcooking.com?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and No
    I used the cooking times, soaking info and amount of liquid from Hip's pages, but I used chicken stock instead of water (I emailed Laura about using stock in the pressure cooker)
    I also used my recipe for the Hummus I made. The advice from hip was spot on.

    ReplyDelete