Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Who and what is Grandpa Can Cook

Well Grandpa is me, Larry Walker



Cooking always meant family, love and fun to me. I come from a large extended family and in my younger years we all lived in Brooklyn pretty close to Grandma’s house.  
Making simple but great tasting food was always a part of our family get-togethers. The Aunts would fill the large kitchen making all kinds of good things. Us kids used to help with the preparation. Lots of neighbour kids would come by for some of the special treats my Grandma and her daughters would cook up.
When I was 13 my father was gone and Mom had to get a job. All she could find was a second shift job. That meant that she wouldn’t be home to cook us dinner. Mom taught me a few of the family recipes and I took over doing the cooking. It was touch and go, for a while, but eventually I became a good cook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment